Monday, October 10, 2011

Some Scraps & A Thank You

This card was made somewhat from my scraps drawer. This month is pastor appreciation month and my hubby informed me at about 12am Satuday night that we needed a card for our pastor,  for everyone to sign the next morning. Ahhhh! No pressure!  Then I remembered that I had this stamp already colored and cut on a circle.  I also knew it would be the perfect color scheme for a more gender neutral type of card, being that the apprection is not just for our pastor, but also his wife, who sacrifices so much for her husband to serve and give so much time to the church.  So I started on the card and ran with what I had to get it started...Thank God for scraps and quick creative thinking! So this is what I came up with that night in about an half hour. Not bad if I do say so myself. Whew! That was just a little of a short notice, but sometimes I think my best work come from those moments of "short notice".  At the same time I love that my husband has gotten so used to me making cards that he likes and expects me to make all of them from now on...except when the card is for me, of course!  LOL

I used:
Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge for the circle cut
Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacy Squares
DCWV The Linen Closet Stack paper for the BG paper and the square
K& Company Life's Journey for the brown  BG paper
Stampin Up! Butterfly picture (not sure what that set is called anymore)
Recollections stamps from Michael's for the sentiment
Pebbles Inc. Chalk to color the butterfly and give it all a little sparkle
Ribbon from my stash

I hope you all are having a great day and thanks for
stopping in!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colors and the setiment. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete