Sunday, December 25, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gifts!

Well, as I said in my previous post, I was busy making gifts for family members!  My wonderful hubby cut out and made the little sleds for both of our Moms and then I spent some time painting and decoupaging a Christmas card on it and put dementional snow paint around the edge of the card and lots of glitter.  Next, I put the metal stars on, and again decopauged over everything, just to kinda put a seal on it.  I am very pleased with these and I hope that our Moms will like them.

I got the inspiration for these little plaques, from an email from Oh My Crafts! blog. Since the season should be about celebrating the birth of God's one and only son Jesus, and how He was sent to be our Saviour. I knew I had to honor that in some kind of way. So this is what I came up with for my sisters and sister in laws!  Again, my wonderful hubby cut the boards and plained them down and spent some time even sanding everything for me.  My job of course was to paint and cut and adhear the vinyl word "Emanuel" and then to decopauge.  Then once everything was dry I glued the stars on and again sealed everything with another coat of decopauge.  I think these turned out pretty good!  Again, I hope our sisters will like these! 


I guess you could call all this a labour of love!  I really enjoyed doing these because it is something different than the "normal" cards. 

Well thank you for stopping by and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment