Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Fun!

OK, I have been extremely busy as of lately...I thought that once summer came things would slow down just a bit.  Right???  Well, we have gone on a quick vacation to Michigan to Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.  AWESOME and a lot of fun and walking!  Great hotel too!  Then 2 weeks later we went on another trip to my sister's to see my nephew graduate and enjoy his open house.  Then we all got sick and now it is Father's Day.  Whew, that is just exhausting, just typing this and thinking about it.  YAWN, I think I need a LONG nap. 

Anyways, I hope you all are having a wonderful Father's Day with family and friends or even just reflecting on how blessed you were or are to have a  great dad in your life.  I know my dad was not perfect but he sure was and is alot of fun to have around.  I am truly blessed that he loves the Lord, too. 

My father in law is alot of fun too. And again I am so glad that he loves the Lord and took the time to teach  my wonderful hubby about Him. 

And now my children are so blessed to have a great Daddy who is passing the love for Jesus down to them.  His is a big kid at heart and is almost always ready to play with them or share something funny with them.  I am the most blessed wife and mother on this earth!

Okay, moving on to my purpose for my post.  My hubby received his gifts first thing this morning before church.  Then later today after church, we had both of our Dad's over to our house for lunch along with some family too.  We had a great time playing some corn hole and just visiting.  Then I gave the Dad's their gifts.  I did not make them cards this year or any boxes or...this time I went a little crazy.  You know the old saying, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach"  Well, not that I needed to steal their hearts at all but I just wanted to do something fun and more "Guy like".  I have seen this idea many times through the years and have always wanted to do something like this but never got around to it.  You know how that is don't you?  Well, I rediscovered it on Pinterest this year.  And decided that this was the year.  So I made all the Dads that could be at our house today, a candy bouquet!  MMMM!  I didn't just do all candy, I added some peanuts, and crackers, and cookies too.  Some candy was chocolate and some was fruity.  I love how they all turned out and they were so easy to do.  Just a little hot glue and some small wooden sticks and a container to put it all into on a piece of styrofoam and a bow, with a few decorations and next thing you know you have a candy bouquet! 

I think they liked them.  I know my hubby loved his.  So here is some pictures of them!

 This is my hubby's bouquet and him with it!

 My Father in Law's bouquet!

 My Dad's bouquet!

 This one was smaller and for a dear friend who lives to far away from his child. 

 This one is also smaller for my sister in laws boyfriend.

 My wonderful hubby and Father in law having fun with the mustaches that were in their bouquets.

 This one is just to funny of my father in law!

 My dad having fun with the mustache and a bow tie! 

 My Father in law with his candy bouquet!

I think these were a big hit with all of the Dad's.  We all had a great time and they really enjoyed playing with them too.

Well, thanks for taking a look and seeing what I have been doing as of lately.  I will share my Father's day cards that I sent out in the mail,  later once I know they have all received them.  Better late then never, right!

Take care and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment