Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Reveal of my Thanksgiving/Christmas Craft!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  Ok the long awaited day has arrived!   Here is my Thanksgiving/Christmas Craft that I promised to share today with you all.  I can't to share it with my family today!  First, I got my inspiration to make these from searching the web to find something unique yet beautiful.  Well this is where I got the idea from HERE, but I changed it up a bit to what I had. It cost me less money then what it would have cost. Had I followed every detail that she has I would have been seriously broke.  Remember I had to make 30 of these.  So I found ways to "cut corners", such as by not using gems all the way around the edge, instead I used "Stickles"...  So with many hours and loads of details and steps that is what I came up with.

I used:
Gloss Paper from Hobby Lobby
JustRite Stamp set:  Grandma's Doilies
Spellbinders Parisian Motifs Die for the bottom layer
The rest of the cuts are done with the Cricut using the Plantin SchoolBook and Sentimentals Cartridges
Tim Holtz Distress ink:  Victorian Velvet, Broken China, Tea Dye.
Versa Mark ink for embossing
Gold/Silver embossing powder
Tassles are handmade some of them are made with "cording" and others are made with "Punch Art" Thread that I found at a yard sale this summer
Stickles for the "faux rhinestones" around the edge of most of them
Some I did use pearls around the edge
Buttons/brads...for the center of the ornament
Martha Stewart Crystal Coarse Glitter
Foam Tape/Zig Glue pens

This one has pearls on the edge and in the center.
 
 
Silver embossing

 
I am fairly pleased at how well these turned out.
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving today with your family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment