Monday, May 9, 2011

The Reveal #1 Exploding/Magic Boxes

Well, I hope that any of you that are moms had a very wonderful Mother's Day!  I know I did!  We celebrated Mother's day and my oldest daughter's 14th birthday all in the same day.  So it was a very busy day!  It was a very great day with family and most importantly, our moms!

These are the pictures of MY Mom's Exploding box, (or also known as Magic Boxes).  It turned out amazing!  I was so pleased and excited to share it with my mom...for the past week or so, when I was on the phone with her I wanted to tell her what I was doing and when she came over I wanted to show it to her, too.  Well the day finally came and I finally got to share and show it to her.  I think it turned out amazing!  I sometimes still can't believe that I made this box.  Thanks to my Cricut it made it so easy! It was very time consuming, but oh so rewarding to wait and give it to her. 

I used:
K&Company: Hannah Scrap Pad, double sided paper
Cartridges used:  Blackletter, Inde Art, Plantin SchoolBook, A Child's Year
Potpourri Basket
Gold Stickles for on the roses
Stamin Up stamp for the butterflies and then cut out and colored with water color pencils, and the blended with a blending pen
"Rhinestones"
Pop Dots
Two different kinds of burgundy ribbon that I have had from years ago
Overhead projector sheets/Acetate sheets
Lots of ATG glue
Mother's Day stamp from Hobby Lobby
Cuttlebug and I can't remember which folder I used.
Jim Holtz Distress Ink:  Brushed corduroy
Tattered Angeles Glimmer Mist:  Mustard Seed
Lots of time and LOVE!  I can't remember all the details but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  I will do my best to answer it for you. 
Well as promised here is my pictures of my mom's completed box.


 This is the outside of the box, before opened to reveal the contents.

The top of the lid

As you open it, this is what it looks like to look down in it.  Cool!

The inside, showing you the contents and layering and pop dotting and the Acetate strips to make the butterflies fly! 


The top layer, seeing all of the pictures and poems about moms


Layer #1 Up close of the Child's Year Cart. cuts & Glimmer Mist

Layer # 1 More of the Child's Year cart. cuts

Layer #2/middle layer All about the heart

More hearts from layer #2/middle layer

Layer #3 Layering and inking and pop dots...

 More of Layer #3 Ribbon and layering and pop dots and rhinestones...

Up close of the handmade roses!


And my wonderful Mom's reaction to it when she opened it!
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

Well, that is what hers looked like!  I hope you enjoyed the reaveal as much as I did!  Thanks for stopping by and looking at what I have done.  Have a very wonderful day!


1 comment: