Monday, September 19, 2011

Snowflake Christmas

Well, Thanksgiving is coming up soon and my family on my mom's side gets together like a family reunion.  Unless, of course, if there are weddings or funerals or baby showers and such we only see each other at Thanksgiving!  So during this time of the year we all (the women that are "crafty) start making a handmade "gift" to give to each family.  Last year I made some very time consuming glass ball ornaments with teeny tiny trees all the way around and made them look like snow globes.  Well this year I think I may make ornaments again but hopefully less "work" and time.  I hope!  I do have my idea, I just need to go out and purchase the materieals for it.  I will tell you this, that it does have to do with snow flakes and glass and stamping!  Oh I know, I can almost hear you going, "Oooo, and Ahhh!"  I can show what will go with them, that I have already started making...can you guess!  Did you say "CARDS!"  You guessed right!  Well, I am putting snowflakes on the cards to reflect what I am making as my craft.  I made 6 cards today!  I need to make about 25-30 ornaments and about the same for the cards.  And that is just for this part of my family...I better get crackin, if I am going to get this all done before then.  Plus, my family knows and loves that I make the "sweets/desserts" for Thanksgiving.  So I don't have alot of time to spare between now and then.  Anyways, here is what I am making for cards.


I used:
Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge (scalloped edge)
Stampin Up!  Snowflakes stamps
The sentiment stamp, I have no idea where I got it
Ribbon from my stash last year (Michael's)
The paper is from my collection of Card stock
DCWV The Homemade Christmas Stack paper for the scalloped edge
The buttons are from my stash of collecting them through the years
Stickles: Silver, Xmas Red, Green


























Thanks for taking a look and have blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment