Friday, January 20, 2012

All Occasion Cards

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing really well!  I have been very busy as of lately, but somehow I have managed to squeeze in some time to do a little card making/therapy.  I need that sometimes!  Well, at Christmas time my family gave me a gift card to Michael's...and I had to choose between several things that I wanted and needed.  Oh decisions, decisions!  I am not very good at making them, plus when there are soooo many things I would like to have and such. I really struggle with that!  Do I buy, ribbon, sparkles, tools, stamps, ink, embossing stuff, embellishments....you get the picture!   Well, I decided on giving the Copic markers a try!  I always have loved what people have done with them and such.  The ability to "shade" with them and of course color appeals to my artistic side. 
Also, on top of that my wonderful hubby and family bought me the I-rock tool.  So naturally, I NEEDED the rhinestones to go with it.  So that was something else I HAD to buy.  Plus, a bunch of paper stacks were on sale and there was some very sparkly paper that I had never seen before....so again I HAD to get some of that.  The list just kept growing as I walked around and the money kept getting smaller and smaller!   I bet none of you have that problem! 
Any who, these cards are my first attempt at using my Copic markers and the I-rock!  So of course, I had to have a reason for using them all.  Naturally an all occasion cards are a perfect occasion!  Right?  Well, this is what I came up with and I hope you all like it!  They are basically the same card the only difference is the coloring of the stamps and the I-rock studs and the first one I did a little bit of "distressing" with a bit of silver ink.  I guess, I was just having a little bit of fun and playing around with my new necessary toys!



Well, stay warm and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment