Monday, September 16, 2013

Church Project Poster

Hello everyone!  I hope you all are having a great day today!  I know I am enjoying this cooler "fall-like" weather here in Ohio!  So much so that I have gone ahead and put out my "fall" decorations in my home and at my church!  I love the fall season, and the colors that come with it, plus the cooler temperatures.  I am one of those rare people who love the fall and the winter seasons more than the summer.  Well, here is just some of the things that I have done at my church.  I am still working on the bulletin boards at this time but they are almost done!  So I will share those with you all soon.
In the mean time here is our Communion table décor that I did up and the a "Project Poster" I did up for the people, which I will explain in a minute.
 
 
 
I just love the fall colors!
 
 
Okay, now to explain about this "Project Poster"
My church needed new siding very badly.  It is this dark brown wood siding with wood windows, and  beautiful stone on the front and sides of it.  But the wood siding/windows are wood, and with time and years of the elements of weather changes, it has finally come to a point that no matter how much paint or whatever you do, it needs replaced.  So we wanted to get it done before winter.  Well, our church is just a very small country church with an average attendance of 30-40 people.  We needed no less than 10 boxes of siding and at least 5 windows that must be replaced at this time and each box of siding/windows cost about $150.  So we wanted the people to see the progression of the siding/windows being paid for by making this "Project Poster" by putting the strips of siding on slowly over top of the original dark brown wood siding, and the windows being replaced by putting window panes overtop the window openings.  So my wonderful hubby and I worked together in designing this up and had it up for about 2 weeks and then suddenly, someone felt led by the Lord to pay for the whole project, plus extra.  WOW!  We were so stunned!  We are rejoicing at what God has done for our little church in such a short time.  I am so looking forward to the building being done up with the new siding and windows!  God is so awesome!
Either way, I used my Cricut to cut the windows and doors for this project.  I think it didn't turn out to bad at all, and I guess it was more affective than I ever thought it would be!  LOL 
God is so good!
 
Anyways, I know this was not my regular post of cards but I just had to share what I have been doing as of lately!
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment